|Illinois State Senate District 30|
|1997 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Stout State University|
|Birthday||March 20, 1947|
|Place of birth||Waukegan, Illinois|
Link graduated with his Bachelor's Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stout (Formerly Stout State). Link is a former business owner and Director of Government Affairs for Johnson Controls.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Link has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Financial Institutions Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- Subcommittee on Public Safety, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Human Services)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Link served on these committees:
On December 1, 2010, the Illinois Senate voted 31-20 in favor of a plan that allows for five additional casinos and electronic gaming at horse track facilities, increasing the number of licenses for casinos in the state to 15.
Under the plan, new casinos would operate in Chicago, southern Cook County, Danville, Rockford and Waukegan.
"Is it a huge expansion? Yes, I'm not going to deny it. But we have a huge deficit in the state of Illinois, we have got huge problems in the state of Illinois, so you don't look at little things to fix it, you look at big things to fix it," said the bill's sponsor, Sen. Terry Link, D-Waukegan.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Link is running for election to the Illinois State Senate in District 36 in the 2012 election. Link is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 30 (2008)|
|Terry Link (D)||42,407|
|Keith Gray (R)||23,141|
In 2008, Link collected $540,931 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Citizens for James M. Houlihan||$30,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$28,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$12,572|
|Illinois Education Association||$11,000|
|Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois||$6,900|
|Community Bankers Association of Illinois||$6,500|
|Lake County Federation of Teachers Local 504||$5,900|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$5,500|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$5,500|
|Illinois State Bar Association||$5,250|
|Agents Insurance Services||$5,000|
|Cottonwood Financial LTD||$5,000|
|Illinois Association of Mortgage Bankers||$4,825|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$4,650|
Link represents Illinois Senate District 30. District 30 includes the Northeast Chicago suburbs of Lake Bluff and Libertyville.
Terry is married to Susan Link. They have four children and reside in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
- Sen. Link's Legislative website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- "Senate OKs new gaming rules in Illinois," Illinois Statehouse News, December 1, 2010
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Link Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|