For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Terry Van Akkeren
|Terry Van Akkeren|
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 26|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Van Akkeren is an engineering technician and tool and die maker. He previously served as a Sheboygan Alderman from 1986-2003, and Sheboygan County Supervisor from 1990-1992.
He is married and has four children.
- Labor Committee (Vice Chair)
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee (Chair)
- Urban and Local Affairs Committee (Vice Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Van Akkeren failed in his re-election bid to Wisconsin State Assembly District 26. He was defeated by Republican Mike Endsley in the general election on November 2, 2010. Also defeated was Independent Job Hou-seye. Van Akkeren defeated Democrat Juan Perez in the September 14, 2010 primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Terry Van Akkeren (D)||2,147||80.35%|
|Juan Perez (D)||523||19.57%|
On November 4, 2008, Van Akkerenwon re-election to Assembly District 26, receiving 65.43% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 26|
|Terry Van Akkeren (D)||16,046|
|Alex Pieper (R)||8,463|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-280 Computer used in the commission of a crime is subject to forfeiture, contraband provision removed; law enforcement agency may retain, donate, or sell it
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Van Akkeren's 2008 campaign:
|Sheboygan County Democratic Party||$500|
|Sheridan, Friends of Mike J||$350|
|Staskunas for Assembly||$250|
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Terry Van Akkeren
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Van Akkeren's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Van Akkeren on Wisconsin Eye
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |