Terry Van Akkeren
|Terry Van Akkeren|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 26|
|2003 - 2010|
Van Akkeren is an engineering technician and tool and die maker. He previously served as a Sheboygan Alderman from 1986-2003, and Sheboygan County Supervisor from 1990-1992.
He is married and has four children.
- Labor Committee (Vice Chair)
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee (Chair)
- Urban and Local Affairs Committee (Vice Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Terry Van Akkeren was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Job Hou-Seye was defeated by Terry Katsma in the Republican primary. Van Akkeren and Katsma will face off in the general election.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Van Akkeren failed in his re-election bid to Wisconsin State Assembly District 26. He was defeated by Republican Mike Endsley in the general election on November 2, 2010. Also defeated was Independent Job Hou-seye. Van Akkeren defeated Democrat Juan Perez in the September 14, 2010, primary election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Terry Van Akkeren (D)||2,147||80.35%|
|Juan Perez (D)||523||19.57%|
On November 4, 2008, Van Akkerenwon re-election to Assembly District 26, receiving 65.43% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 26|
|Terry Van Akkeren (D)||16,046|
|Alex Pieper (R)||8,463|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-280 Computer used in the commission of a crime is subject to forfeiture, contraband provision removed; law enforcement agency may retain, donate, or sell it
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Van Akkeren's 2008 campaign:
|Sheboygan County Democratic Party||$500|
|Sheridan, Friends of Mike J||$350|
|Staskunas for Assembly||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Terry + Van + Akkeren + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Senate
- Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Terry Van Akkeren
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Van Akkeren's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Van Akkeren on Wisconsin Eye
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Terry Van Akkeren
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |