Terry Van Akkeren
|Terry Van Akkeren|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 26|
|2003 - 2010|
Van Akkeren is an engineering technician and tool and die maker. He previously served as a Sheboygan Alderman from 1986-2003, and Sheboygan County Supervisor from 1990-1992.
He is married and has four children.
- Labor Committee (Vice Chair)
- Tourism, Recreation and State Properties Committee (Chair)
- Urban and Local Affairs Committee (Vice Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Terry Van Akkeren was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Job Hou-Seye was defeated by Terry Katsma in the Republican primary. Van Akkeren and Katsma faced off in the general election. Katsma defeated Van Akkeren in the general election, and was elected to the seat.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Terry Van Akkeren||38.7%||9,064|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Van Akkeren failed in his re-election bid to Wisconsin State Assembly District 26. He was defeated by Republican Mike Endsley in the general election on November 2, 2010. Also defeated was Independent Job Hou-seye. Van Akkeren defeated Democrat Juan Perez in the September 14, 2010, primary election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 26 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Terry Van Akkeren (D)||2,147||80.35%|
|Juan Perez (D)||523||19.57%|
On November 4, 2008, Van Akkerenwon re-election to Assembly District 26, receiving 65.43% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 26|
|Terry Van Akkeren (D)||16,046|
|Alex Pieper (R)||8,463|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-280 Computer used in the commission of a crime is subject to forfeiture, contraband provision removed; law enforcement agency may retain, donate, or sell it
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Van Akkeren's 2008 campaign:
|Sheboygan County Democratic Party||$500|
|Sheridan, Friends of Mike J||$350|
|Staskunas for Assembly||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Terry + Van + Akkeren + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Terry Van Akkeren
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Van Akkeren's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Van Akkeren on Wisconsin Eye
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Terry Van Akkeren
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |