For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Texas' 19th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
March 4, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Texas is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party. At the primary, they may choose which party primary ballot to vote on, but in order to vote they must sign a pledge declaring they will not vote in another party's primary or convention that year.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Randy Neugebauer (R), who was first elected in 2003.
Texas' 19th Congressional District is located in the western portion of the state and includes Parmer, Castro, Bailey, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Crosby, Lubbock, Hockley, Cochran, Yoakum, Gaines, Terry, Lynn, Borden, Howard, Garza, Kent, Scurry, Stonewall, Fisher, Nolan, Taylor, Jones, Haskell, Throckmorton, Young, Shackelford and Stephens counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
March 4, 2014, primary results
The 19th congressional district of Texas held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Randy Neugebauer (R) won re-election. He defeated Richard Peterson (L) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Texas District 19 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Randy Neugebauer Incumbent||85%||163,239|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Randy Neugebauer won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating Andy Wilson (D) and Richard "Chip" Peterson, (L).
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed July 28, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed July 28, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 2, 2014
- Texas Statutes, "Section 172.086," accessed January 3, 2014
- Texas Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed July 24, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Texas"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"