Texas' 33rd congressional district elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
May 29, 2012
Newly created district
The primary elections will be held on May 29, 2012. Should a runoff occur, the Primary Runoff Election will take place on July 31, 2012.
Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of December 19, 2011.
* Redistricting note: Due to legal turmoil in the redistricting process, filing deadlines have changed twice and primary dates have changed once. The original filing deadline was December 12th. That deadline was first moved to December 15th and then December 19th by a federal court due to delays caused by redistricting legal challenges. When a final map was issued, the December 19th deadline was once again moved to March 9 to allow candidates more time to file in light of the delays and map ambiguities. The primary date was first moved from March 6 to April 3, 2012 before finally settling on May 29.
General election candidates
July 31, 2012 Democratic primary runoff candidates
May 29, 2012 primary results
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Texas
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Texas, 2012
- Texas Democrats - candidate list
- Texas GOP - candidate list
- Texas Libertarian Party - candidate list
- Texas Green Party - candidate list
- Texas Secretary of State - Independent candidate list