|New York State Assembly District 92|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||New York University School of Law|
Abinanti is a prosecuting attorney who has served as legal counsel to Congress and staff counsel to the New York State Assembly. Prior to his election to the New York State Assembly, Abinanti served two terms as the Greenburg Town Councilman and ten terms with the Westchester County Legislature. He was the Majority Leader of the Legislature three times and the chair of numerous committees.
He received his B.A. from Fordham College and his J.D. from New York University School of Law. He and his wife Janet Longo-Abinanti have two children, Justin and Nicole, and two grandchildren.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Abinanti served on the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Election Law Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Abinanti ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 92. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Thomas Abinanti Incumbent||100%||41,062|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 92 2010|
|Thomas Abinanti (D)||25,301|
|Thomas Bock (R)||13,716|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Abinanti raised a total of $122,069 in campaign contributions.
His nine largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Friends of Abinanti for Assembly||$37,500|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|Maddon, MD, Paul||$3,800|
|Maddon, PhD, Paul||$3,800|
Abinanti and his wife Janet have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Thomas + Abinanti + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|New York Assembly District 92
| Succeeded by|