|South Dakota House District 29|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Place of birth||Belle Fourche, SD|
Brunner is a farmer. He joined the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2005 and has served in that position since. He represents the 29th District. Brunner and his wife, Quin, have seven children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brunner served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Education Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brunner served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota House
- Education Committee, South Dakota House
Brunner ran for re-election to District 29 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Brunner and Dean Wink (incumbent) both advanced past the June 8 Republican primary.  Wink and Brunner defeated DaleArleta Volmer (D) in the general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 29 (2010)|
|Thomas Brunner (R)||6,244||43.53%|
|Dean Wink (R)||5,088||35.47%|
|DaleArleta Volmer (D)||3,011||20.99%|
In 2010, Brunner received $7,124 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Brunner's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Rural Electric Association||$500|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|South Dakota Telecommunications Association||$400|
|South Dakota Trucking Association||$350|
|Total Raised in 2010||$7,124|
In 2008, Brunner collected $9,000 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Rural Electric Cooperatives||$1,000|
|South Dakota Telecommunications Association||$750|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$300|
|William Janklow South Dakota Development Fund||$250|
|Black Hills Corp||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thomas + Brunner + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Thomas Brunner
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|