Difference between revisions of "Thomas Courtney"
m (Text replace - "Unopposed=|" to "")
|Line 152:||Line 152:|
Revision as of 20:07, 25 November 2012
|Iowa State Senate District 44|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Majority Whip, Iowa State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
Courtney served in the United States Air Force. He has also worked for Case/New Holland Company. He is now retired.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Courtney has been appointed to these committees:
- Government Oversight Chair
- Labor and Business Relations
- Rules and Administration
- State Government
- Joint Committee on Government Oversight Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Courtney served on these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Government Oversight Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Labor and Business Relations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Courtney ran for re-election to Iowa State Senate District 44 in 2012. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Brad Bourn in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 44 (2008)|
|Thomas Courtney (D)||15,601|
|David Kerr (R)||10,536|
In 2008 Courtney collected $89,781 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Iowa Credit Union League||$7,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,500|
|John Deere & Co.||$2,750|
|Master Builders of Iowa||$2,500|
Courtney is widowed and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Thomas + Courtney + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Courtney's Senate Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Thomas Courtney
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Tom Courtney on Facebook
|Iowa Senate District 44
| Succeeded by|