Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Texas, District 4|
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Jason Villalba was unopposed in the Republican primary. Villalba defeated Thomas Griffing (L) in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 114 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jason Villalba Incumbent||81.1%||25,334|
Griffing ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Texas' 4th District. He ran as a Libertarian candidate. He ran against incumbent Ralph Hall (R) and VaLinda Hathcox (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ralph M. Hall Incumbent||73%||182,679|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thomas + Griffing + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Texas"
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Texas Libertarian Party - candidate list
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |