|New Jersey State Senate District 21|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||11|
|Minority Leader, New Jersey State Senate|
|Minority Whip, New Jersey State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey State General Assembly|
|Ph.D.||Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University|
|Date of birth||September 5, 1968|
Kean graduated with a B.A. in History from Dartmouth College. He later graduated with a M.A.L.D in International Relations from Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Kean served on these committees:
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Kean ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 21. Kean was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary and is challenged by Michael Komondy (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Kean won re-election to the District 21 State Senate seat in 2011. He ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary election. Kean defeated Paul Swanicke in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 21 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Thomas Kean Incumbent||67.5%||27,750|
In 2007, Kean was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 21. Kean (R) finished with 29,795 votes and was followed by Gina Genovese (D) with 20,092 votes. Kean raised $686,441 for his campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 21 (2007)|
|Thomas Kean (R)||29,795|
|Gina Genovese (D)||20,092|
In 2011, Kean received $1,135,166 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Kean's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$9,400|
|New Jobs Business PAC Of New Jersey||$8,200|
|Public Service Enterprise Group||$7,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$1,135,166|
|Total Votes received in 2011||27,750|
|Cost of each vote received||$40.91|
In 2007, Kean collected $686,441 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Tom Kean For Governor||$16,400|
|Medical Society of New Jersey||$9,300|
|New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers||$7,800|
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$7,600|
|Kean, Thomas H.||$5,200|
Kean represents New Jersey Senate District 21, which includes the city of Summit, New Jersey.
Kean and his wife, Rhonda, have two children. They currently reside in Westfield, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thomas + Kean + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 21," November 1, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 21," October 7, 2011
- Official website of Thomas Kean
- Thomas Kean legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Thomas Kean biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Republican Party biography of Thomas Kean
- Tom Kean on Facebook
- Tom Kean on Twitter
- Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- Thomas Kean at Project Vote Smart
- Official website of Thomas Kean
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Morris County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Somerset County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- Union County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey State Senate election results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|