For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 100|
|2011 - 2011|
|January 7, 2013|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||February 28, 2011|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Kirwan earned his B.A. in History and Political Science from Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh. He lived in Newburgh with his wife, Verna. They had two children, Victoria and Matthew, and two grandchildren, Peter and Matthew.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kirwan was appointed to the following committees:
- Correction Committee, New York State Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Kirwan was uncontested in the September 14 Republican primary. Kirwan defeated incumbent Frank Skartados (D) in the general election on November 2 by 15 votes. Due to prolonged legal challenges, it is believed to be the longest undecided race in New York history.
In 2010, Kirwan raised a total of $26,779 in campaign contributions.
His largest four campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|New York Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte||$5,000|
|Rooney, Peter E||$2,400|
|T/O Newburgh Rep Cmte||$2,300|
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- New York Daily News, "New York needs a single standard, not three, for deciding razor-close elections," January 30, 2011
- RecordOnline, "Assemblyman Thomas Kirwan of Newburgh dies at 78," November 29, 2011
- lohud.com, "Speedy special elections urged as 4 Assembly seats will be vacated including Mike Spano's," November 30, 2011
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed August 1, 2014
|New York Assembly - District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |