Thomas Stallworth III
|Thomas Stallworth III|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 7|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
Stallworth graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Urban Planning and Development.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stallworth III served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stallworth served on these committees:
Stallworth won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 7. He defeated Jeanette Williams in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Mark Ashley Price (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Thomas Stallworth III Incumbent||98%||39,384|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Thomas Stallworth III Incumbent||65%||6,943|
Stallworth defeated incumbent George Cushingberry, Jr. in the August 3 Democratic primary by garnering 1,837 votes. Leslie Love received 1,733, Cushingberry received 1,698 votes, Stephanie Miley received 1,480, and eight other candidates received fewer than 1,000 votes. Stallworth defeated Keith Franklin (R) in the general election on November 2.
Previous Offices Held
Stallworth started his career as a manager with the Detroit Urban League and then went to work for the City of Detroit as an appointee of the Coleman A. Young administration. Stallworth spent the next 25 years as an executive at firms such as MichCon and DTE Energy, overseeing their human resources, case management and collections departments.
Political campaign history
Stallworth has served as a board member of the Detroit School Board, the Wayne County Child Care Coordinating Council, The Black Child Development Institute, Children’s Aid Society, The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW), and as Director of the Black Caucus Foundation of Michigan (BCF).
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 8 General election (2010)|
|Thomas Stallworth III (D)||22,818|
|Keith Franklin (R)||597|
More voting record details
- List of all of Thomas Stallworth’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Stallworth raised $16,927 in contributions. 
His six largest contributors were:
|Stallworth Iii, Thomas F||$4,000|
Thomas Stallworth's Campaign Contributions
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. John Olumba
S687 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Phone: (517) 373-2276
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Thomas Stallworth III received a 6% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Thomas + Stallworth + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Newly-proposed 'read-or-flunk' law for 3rd graders would have held back more ... - MLive.com
- Michigan weighs ?read-or-flunk? law for 3rd graders - Bridge Michigan
- Michigan literacy rates are at the back of the pack nationwide, and that has ... - MLive.com
- Ray Buursma: Refuting the claims about 3rd-grade reading and retention - HollandSentinel.com
- Lawmaker defends bill that would hold back 3rd graders who read poorly (guest ... - The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com
- State Rep. Amanda Price discusses reading proficiency legislation - HollandSentinel.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official Biography
- Voting Record on MichiganVotes.org
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Michigan Board of Elections-2012 Candidate List
- Thomas Stallworth on Facebook
Jimmy Womack (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 7
| Succeeded by|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|
David E. Nathan (D)
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |