|Illinois State Senate District 45|
|2009 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Minority Caucus Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bivins served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Criminal Law Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Government Reform
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Revenue Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- Subcommittee on Amendments (Revenue)
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bivins served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Appropriations I
- Commerce Co-Chairman
- Criminal Law
- Government Reform
- State Government and Veterans Affairs.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Bivins won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 45. Bivins was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tim Bivins Incumbent||100%||78,179|
|Illinois State Senate, District 45 (2008)|
|Tim Bivins (R)||61,310|
|Marty Mulcahey (D)||35,728|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Bivins collected $787,224 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Republican State Senate Campaign CMTE of Illinois||$398,734|
|Illinois Republican Party||$112,652|
|Illinois Education Association||$37,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$16,380|
|Operating Engineers Local 150||$15,000|
|Citizens for Sieben||$12,125|
|Lee County Republican Central CMTE||$6,000|
|Citizens for Frank Watson||$6,000|
|Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois||$5,000|
|Bruce Vincent & Diana Mendley Rauner||$5,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,000|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$4,000|
|Thomas D. Shaw||$4,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$4,000|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$3,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|James D. Oberweis||$2,500|
|Illinois Manufacturers Association||$2,500|
|Illinois Construction Industry CMTE||$2,500|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Bivins received a score of 85.71 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of B according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 17th highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tim + Bivins + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Bivins represents Illinois Senate District 45. District 45 includes Northwest Illinois including the cities of Dixon and Freeport.
Tim is married to Terri Bivins. They have two children and reside in Dixon, Illinois.
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia]
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Sen. Bivins on State Surge
- Tim Bivins on LinkedIn
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Bivins Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|