|U.S. House, Arkansas, District 2|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||Tulane Law School|
|Birthday||August 21, 1968|
|Place of birth||Charlotte, NC|
Griffin is running for re-election in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arkansas' 2nd District. He is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. Primary elections were held on May 22, 2012.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Griffin's academic, professional and political career:
- 1990: Graduated from Hendrix College with B.A.
- 1994: Graduated from Tulane Law School with J.D.
- 1996-Present: United States Army Reserves, Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- 2006-2007: U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- 2011-Present: U.S Representative from Arkansas
- Armed Services Committee
- Subcommittee on Readiness
- Subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces
- Foreign Affairs Committee
Percentage voting with party
Tim Griffin voted with the Republican Party 95.9% of the time, which ranked 9 among the 242 House Republican members as of 2011.
Griffin is running for re-election in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arkansas' 2nd District. He was unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and will face Herb Rule in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Arkansas District 2 General Election, 2010|
Griffin won election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that election cycle, Griffin's campaign committee raised a total of $1,855,578 and spent $1,774,143.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House, Arkansas District 2, 2010 - Tim Griffin Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,019,594|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,019,386|
|Top contributors to Tim Griffin's campaign committee|
|Club for Growth||$36,927|
|Arvest Bank Group||$15,100|
|Story Services Inc||$14,400|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$126,959|
|Securities & Investment||$97,987|
Griffin and his wife, Elizabeth, have two children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Arkansas Times "Jay Martin weighing race against Tim Griffin," Accessed February 23, 2012
- Biographical Director of the United States Congress "Tim Griffin," Accessed November 1, 2011
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- The Hill, "2012 GOP Lawmaker Endorsements for President," retrieved November 23, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Tim Griffin 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 1, 2011
|U.S. House - Arkansas District 2
| Succeeded by|