Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 40|
|January 4, 2003 - Present|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|First elected||January 2003|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||College of William and Mary|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve|
|Years of service||7|
|Place of birth||Norfolk, VA|
Hugo is currently the Executive Director of the Free File Alliance. He served in the United States Army Reserves from 1990-1998, and previously served as Chief of Staff for Congressman Bud Shuster. Hugo earned his B.A. from College of William and Mary.
Delegate Hugo's campaign kick off
- Finance (Vice Chair)
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2 (Chair)
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #2 (Chair)
- Privileges and Elections
- Campaign Finance Subcommittee
- HB 2470 Northern Virginia Transportation District Fund; dedication of state matching funds. *
- HB 2471 Freedom of Information Act; disclosure of names of teachers not required in response to request.
- HB 2605 Driver training programs; transfers to DMV responsibility therefor established for public schools.
Hugo is running for re-election to the District 40 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be opposed by Dianne Blais (I) in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Hugo was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Sue Conrad in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 40 (2009)|
|Tim Hugo (R)||12,056|
|Sue Conrad (D)||6,946|
The top 5 donors to Hugo's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$17,678|
|Labaton Sucharow LLP||$10,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$8,500|
|The Tim Hugo Group||$7,700|
Hugo and his wife, Paula, have four children.
- Delegate Tim Hugo official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Hugo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |