|Virginia House of Delegates District 40|
|January 4, 2003 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||January 2003|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||College of William and Mary|
|Service/branch||United States Army Reserve|
|Years of service||7|
|Date of birth||01/07/1963|
|Place of birth||Norfolk, VA|
Hugo earned his B.A. from College of William and Mary. Hugo is currently the Executive Director of the Free File Alliance. Previously, he worked as Chief of Staff for Congressman Bud Shuster. He served in the United States Army Reserves from 1990 to 1998. 
In the 2012-2013 session, Hugo served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Hugo served on the following committees:
- Finance, Vice Chair
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- Subcommittee #1
- Subcommittee #2, Chair
- Privileges and Elections
- Campaign Finance Subcommittee
- HB 2470 Northern Virginia Transportation District Fund; dedication of state matching funds. *
- HB 2471 Freedom of Information Act; disclosure of names of teachers not required in response to request.
- HB 2605 Driver training programs; transfers to DMV responsibility therefore established for public schools.
Hugo’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Human trafficking
Excerpt: "Tim has worked to fight against those who would do harm to young people by enacting harsher penalties to those convicted of these horrendous crimes and by increasing public awareness."
- Higher education
Excerpt: "Tim fights to require Virginia colleges and universities to admit more Virginia residents. Pressure from he and other state legislators has been brought to bear on these colleges and universities and they have agreed to increase the total number of slots for in-state students over the next 5 years."
- Lyme disease
Excerpt: "He has worked to inform and protect citizens against Lyme disease and the possibility of false-negative diagnoses by enacting legislation to require informing patients of those risks."
Hugo is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 40. Hugo ran unopposed in the June 11 Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Hugo won re-election to District 40 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and defeated Dianne Blais (I) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 40 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Tim Hugo Incumbent||74.2%||11,565|
In 2009, Hugo was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Sue Conrad in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 40 (2009)|
|Tim Hugo (R)||12,056|
|Sue Conrad (D)||6,946|
Delegate Hugo's campaign kick off
In 2011, Hugo received $503,545 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tim Hugo's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Republican Party||$29,829|
|Opportunity Virginia PAC||$17,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$15,500|
|Check Into Cash Of Virginia LLC||$11,750|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$11,250|
|Total Raised in 2011||$503,545|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,565|
|Cost of each vote received||$43.54|
The top five donors to Hugo's 2009 campaign:
|Republican Party of Virginia||$17,678|
|Labaton Sucharow LLP||$10,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$8,500|
|The Tim Hugo Group||$7,700|
Hugo and his wife, Paula, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tim + Hugo + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Tim Hugo official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Hugo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Hugo
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Tim Hugo, "Issues," accessed September 3, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 40
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |