|Michigan House of Representatives District 29|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Rep. Melton graduated from Oakland Christian High School and then attended and graduated from Oakland University. Tim is married to Patty Melton; they live with two beagles named Senator and Governor.
Previous Offices Held
He served on the Oakland County Board of Commissioners from 1999 until he was elected State Representative in 2006.
Political Campaign History
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Right to Work, Lawmakers voting on an amendment SUPPORTING RIGHT-TO-WORK zones.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- Secret Ballot, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep a SECRET BALLOT for union elections.
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Tim Melton’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Tim Melton’s 36 missed roll-call votes
Committee Assignments, 2009-2010
- Education (Chair)
- Energy and Technology
- Regulatory Reform
- Tax Policy
- Public Employee Health Care Reform (Majority Vice Chair)
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Tim Melton
N0793 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Tim Melton
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Tim Melton profile
- Michigan Votes - Tim Melton
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|Michigan House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||