Difference between revisions of "Tim Owens"
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
Revision as of 18:24, 3 June 2010
|Kansas Senate District 8|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Tim Owens is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 8th District since 2008. He was a Representative for the 19th district in the Kansas House of Representatives from 2002 until his election as Senator. From 1981 to 2005, he served as a council member for the Overland Park City Council, 3rd District. He is married with 2 children.
Sen. Owens's views on the issues according to his website:
- A new approach to education. Education funding is important.
- Opposed to a TABOR amendment until it is "clear and well understood".
- Laws to regulate eminent domain are needed.
- Supports stem cell research
- Not opposed to gun possession but has voted against concealed weapons carrying
Sen. Owens currently co-sponsored a resolution in favor of private ballot union elections.
- Judiciary (Chair)
- Confirmation Oversight
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight
- Federal and State Affairs
- Joint Committee on Kansas Security
- Joint Committee on Parole Board Oversight (Chair)
- Joint Committee on Special Claims against the State (Chair)
|Kansas State Senate, District 8 (2008)|
|Tim Owens (R)||17,708||53.6%|
|Judy Macy (D)||15,297||46.4%|
In 2008 Owens collected $81,979 in donations:
His four largest contributors were:
|Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee||$2,800|
|Senate Republican Leadership Committee of Kansas||$2,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$2,000|
- Kansas Senate
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Sen. Owens's website