|Michigan House of Representatives District 1|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Bledsoe earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from Louisiana State University. He later received his master’s from the University of Arkansas, and then his Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska. Bledsoe is married to Dr. Mary Herring, a professor at Wayne State University. He is a former college professor at Wayne State University.
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Right to Work, Lawmakers voting on an amendment SUPPORTING RIGHT-TO-WORK zones.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- Secret Ballot, Lawmakers voting on whether to keep a SECRET BALLOT for union elections.
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Timothy Bledsoe’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Timothy Bledsoe's 0 missed roll-call votes
Committee Assignments, 2009-2010 Legislature
- Great Lakes and Environment
- Intergovernmental and Regional Affairs
- Oversight and Investigations (Vice Chair)
Bledsoe won re-election to the District 1 Seat in 2010. He defeated Charles Kimbrough and Anthony Murry in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Janice Dumouchelle (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 1 General election (2010)|
|Timothy Bledsoe (D)||17,718|
|Janice Dumouchelle (R)||15,210|
Timothy Bledsoe raised $74,623 for his campaign.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 1|
|Timothy Bledsoe (D)||26,811|
|Mary Lang (D)||20,405|
In 2008 Timothy Bledsoe collected $74,623 in donations. 
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Timothy Bledsoe
S0585 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Phone: (517) 373-0154
Fax: (517) 373-6094
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Timothy Bledsoe official government website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Michigan Votes - Timothy Bledsoe
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Tim Bledsoe on Facebook
|Michigan House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||