Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Dakota State Senate District 25|
|January 8, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Majority Whip, South Dakota State Senate|
|Speaker, South Dakota State House|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|South Dakota State House of Representatives|
|Date of birth||July 24, 1967|
|Place of birth||Dell Rapids, SD|
|Profession||Operations Manager, Rural/Metro Ambulance|
Rave served in the South Dakota State House of Representatives from 2003 to 2011, representing the 25th District. Prior to joining the senate, he served as Speaker of the House. Rave also served as a Precinct Committeeman.
Rave was a Paramedic Supervisor for Rural/Metro Ambulance in 1991. He is currently Operations Manager.
Rave earned an Associates degree from Canby Vocational College in 1987. He went on to receive another Associates degree from Augustana College/McK. Hospital Paramedic Program in 1990. Rave and his wife, Lisa, have two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rave has been assigned to the following committees:
- Commerce and Energy Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Education Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota State Senate, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Rave served on the following committees while a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives:
- Health and Human Services Committee, South Dakota House
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota House
- State Affairs Committee, South Dakota House
Rave defeated incumbent Dan Ahlers (D) in November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 25 (2010)|
|Timothy Rave (R)||5,128||51.71%|
|Dan Ahlers (D)||4,788||48.29%|
In 2008, Rave collected $21,372 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Hughes County Republican Party||$2,322|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$1,500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$1,500|
|South Dakota Association of Specialty Care Providers||$1,500|
|South Dakota Telecommunications Association||$700|
Rave and his wife Lisa have two children.
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Timothy Rave
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
Dan Ahlers (D)
|South Dakota State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 25
| Succeeded by|
Stace Nelson (R) Jon Hansen (R)