Timothy Toomey, Jr.
|Timothy Toomey, Jr.|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex|
|1993 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||June 7, 1953|
|Place of birth||Cambridge, Massachusetts|
As of 2013, Toomey also serves as a Cambridge City Councilor.
Toomey's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Tim has fought for much needed open space in congested East Cambridge, blocked Boston University from limiting public access to the Charles River, and helped to create and expand new parkland in Northpoint."
- Excerpt:"Tim is proud of health care in Massachusetts—we have achieved the highest rate of insurance in the country, allowing many of our citizens to have affordable health insurance for the first time."
- Excerpt:"Tim believes strongly in the need to create safe streets, safe schools and safe open spaces for families."
- Excerpt:"Tim Toomey is a life-long supporter of transparent campaign finance laws and greater access to the ballot."
- Excerpt:"Tim Toomey is committed to the cause of maintaining and improving our public and private transportation programs and infrastructure."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Toomey served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure Joint|
|• Revenue Joint, Vice-chair|
|• State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Toomey served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Healthcare Financing Joint|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Ways and Means Joint|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Toomey served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Public Health Joint|
|• Public Safety and Homeland Security Joint|
Toomey won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-Sixth Middlesex District. Toomey was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Thomas Michael Vasconcelos (R) and Michael Connolly (I) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Twenty-seventh Middlesex District (2010)|
|Timothy Toomey, Jr. (D)||9,637|
On November 4, 2008, Toomey won re-election in the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Twenty-Sixth Middlesex district. In this election he raised $62,978; of that total $62,697 (99.6%) was from in state contributions and $225 (0.4%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Twenty-Sixth Middlesex district|
|Timothy Toomey, Jr. (D)||12,503|
Comprehensive donor information for Toomey is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Toomey raised a total of $584,668 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 19, 2013.
|Timothy Toomey, Jr.'s Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex||$40,213|
|2010||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex||$67,221|
|2008||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex||$62,978|
|2006||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex||$114,273|
|2004||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex||$187,032|
|2002||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Sixth Middlesex||$50,890|
|2000||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Ninth Middlesex||$40,872|
|1998||Massachusetts House, Twenty-Ninth Middlesex||$21,189|
|Grand Total Raised||$584,668|
2012Toomey won re-election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Toomey raised a total of $40,213.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Toomey, Jr.'s campaign in 2012|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$1,000|
|Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts||$1,000|
|Cambridge Fire Fighters Local 30||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,213|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Toomey received $67,221 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Toomey, Jr.'s campaign in 2010|
|Couto, Jose S||$500|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$67,221|
Toomey raised $62,978 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Club Desportivo Faialense||$2,000|
|6 different donors||$1,000|
Toomey has served as president and board member of the Cambridge Economic Opportunity Committee, Secretary of the Warren Pals Club, and a member of the Elks Cambridge Lodge #839.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Timothy + Toomey + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Timothy Toomey on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Toomey
- "timtoomey," Official Campaign Website
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Toomey, Timothy J," accessed December 19, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |