|Washington House Of Representatives District 33a|
|2009 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington, 1988|
|Master's||University of Washington, 1991|
Orwall earned a MA in Social Work Administration from the University of Washington, and her BS in Psychology from the University of Washington. Orwall has served as an Elected Precinct Committee Officer and Former Chair of the 33rd Legislative District. Orwall works for the Washington State Taking Health Care Home Coordinator in the City of Seattle, Office of Housing.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Orwall served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations and Elections|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Orwall served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Early Learning and Human Services|
|• Education Appropriations and Oversight|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Orwall served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Capital Budget|
|• Human Services, Vice-chair|
Orwall's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Tina believes that every child deserves a high quality education."
- Excerpt:"Tina is committed to helping our local economy."
- Excerpt:"Tina has been advocating for homeowners and tenants."
Military and Veterans
- Excerpt:"Tina supports our troops."
- Excerpt:"Everyone deserves quality and affordable health care."
Orwall won re-election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives District 33a. Orwall was unopposed in the blanket primary on August 7, 2012 and defeated Will Benge (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 33a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tina Orwall Incumbent||71.6%||32,698|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 33a Primary (2010)|
|Tina Orwall (D)||12,306||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Democrat Tina Orwall won re-election to the Washington House of Representatives, District 33 receiving 62.41% of the vote (25,336 votes), defeating Republican Todd Gibson who received 37.59% of the vote (15,260 votes).
|Washington House of Representatives, District 33(2008)|
|Tina Orwalla (D)||25,336||62.41%|
|Todd Gibson (R)||24,479||38.06%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Orwall was up for re-election, she collected $30,269 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Washington House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tina Orwall's campaign in 2010|
|Pacific Northwest Regional Council Of Carpenters||$1,600|
|Fire Fighters Local 2024||$1,600|
|Washington State Building & Construction Trades Council||$1,600|
|League Of Education Voters||$1,500|
|Kent Fire Fighters Local 1747||$1,300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$30,269|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Tina Orwall's 2008 campaign.
|Tina L. Orwall||$7,500|
|Washington State Democratic Party||$4,734|
|Washington Education Association||$1,600|
|Seatac Professional Fire Fighters Local 2919||$1,600|
|Washington State Trial Lawyers Association||$1,600|
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed taxes and fees. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax and fee increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Orwall proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $6.27 billion, the 12th highest amount of proposed new taxes and spending of the 93 Washington state representatives on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Tina + Orwall + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tina Orwall's campaign website
- Washington House of Representatives - Rep. Orwall
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Tina Orwall on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Orwall
- "electtinaorwall," Official Campaign Website
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," retrieved July 16, 2012
- Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- Washington State Election Results
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission "Contribution Limits"
- 2010 campaign contributions
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state representatives by proposed new taxes and spending
|Washington House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |