|Running for U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Date of primary||February 26, 2013|
|General election||April 9, 2013|
|Illinois State Senate District 40|
|January 2009 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Appointed||January 5, 2009|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Urbana|
|Date of birth||May 20, 1973|
Hutchinson is currently seeking election to Illinois' 2nd congressional district in the special election to fill Jesse Jackson Jr.'s vacant seat. She was one of five Democratic candidate to file by the first in line deadline, and she will appear fourth on the ballot as a result of the ballot position lottery. 
Hutchinson graduated with her Bachelor's Degree from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hutchinson served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Labor Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Revenue Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Tax Credits, Vice Chair
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hutchinson served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Local Government
- State Government and Veterans Affairs Vice-Chairwoman.
Hutchinson is seeking election to the U.S. House in Illinois' 2nd congressional district special election in 2013. The election is being held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr..
- On January 28, 2013, Hutchinson received the endorsement of Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Hutchinson won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 40. Hutchinson was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, and defeated Joseph C. Marshall (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 40, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Toi Hutchinson Incumbent||59.8%||52,088|
|Republican||Joseph C. Marshall||40.2%||34,952|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 40 (2010)|
|Toi Hutchinson (D)||34,149||55.19%|
|Adam Baumgartner (R)||27,727||44.81%|
The election took place on November 2, 2010. Hutchinson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hutchinson received $1,364,502 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Toi Hutchinson's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$424,021|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$230,277|
|Stand For Children||$100,000|
|Illinois Education Association||$60,190|
|North Central Illinois Laborers District Council||$32,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,364,502|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to email@example.com|
Hutchinson represents Illinois Senate District 40. District 40 includes Chicago Heights, Orland Park, and other Chicago suburbs in Kankankee and Will Counties.
Toi is married to Paul Hutchinson. They have three children and reside in Olympia Fields, Illinois.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Toi + Hutchinson + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Official constituency website
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Illinois Senate Democrats
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- "The Daily Journal (Kankakee, IL) Dems select Halvorson's replacement"
- Chicago Tribune, "Candidates start filing for Jackson Jr.'s old seat in Congress," January 3, 2013
- Chicago Tribune, "Kelly wins lottery for top spot on ballot to replace Jackson Jr.," January 8, 2013
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Roll Call "Illinois: Hutchinson Gets Cook County Board President’s Endorsement," January 28, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections, 2012 General Election Candidate List, retrieved August 4, 2012.
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|