Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 23|
Boritzki's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We must update the curriculum in our educational system to match current and future employment trends. Experts tell us there are almost 150,000 unfilled jobs in Michigan because potential employees have not been properly trained to fill these positions. We must structure educational programs to fill available and future jobs."
- Excerpt:"Many of our seniors were devastated by this surprise move and are struggling to make ends meet as a result of this tax. It is one of my top priorities to repeal this senior tax."
- Excerpt:"We must rebuild our manufacturing base to provide good paying jobs that are so desperately needed in Michigan. As Mayor of Trenton, I worked with Chrysler to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in the Trenton Engine Plant. It took sacrifices on both the city’s part and by Chrysler. This effort resulted in almost 3,000 jobs in the plant and provided the city with a great tax base."
Boritzki ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 23. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Pat Somerville (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Pat Somerville Incumbent||50.5%||22,810|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Boritzki + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Tom Boritzki on Facebook
- Tom Boritzki on Twitter
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |