|Michigan House of Representatives District 67|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Board Member, Mason School District|
|Bachelor's||Siena Heights University|
|Place of birth||Lansing|
|Profession||Lansing Fire Chief|
Cochran's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Voice your opinion
- Excerpt:"I care about the issues facing Mid-Michigan, and more importantly I care to hear your opinion."
- Excerpt:"Public safety is about caring for citizens within a community and keeping them safe. This is the primary objective and goal for police, emergency medical services (EMS) and firefighters."
Senior & Middle Class Taxes
- Excerpt:"I seek to change the Michigan tax code imposed by our current Republican-led Legislature, which negatively impacts seniors and the hard-working middle class citizens of Michigan."
Elder Care and Rights
- Excerpt:"An estimated 90,000 older and vulnerable adults are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation each year. It’s an alarming number that needs to be and can be reduced with the right amount of education and awareness."
- Excerpt:"Job creation and strengthening Michigan’s economy should be the legislature's top priorities. I believe that by taking advantage of our highly skill workforce and by fostering opportunities in renewable energy, high tech new manufacturing while encouraging small business entrepreneurs we can get people back to work."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cochran served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation and Infrastructure|
Cochran won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 67. He defeated Walt Sorg and Jerry Ketchum in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Jeff Oesterle (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 67 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Cochran and his wife Kathy have three sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Cochran + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Tom+Cochran+Michigan+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Tom Cochran News Feed
Barbara Byrum (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 67
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |