|Michigan House of Representatives, District 67|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Board Member, Mason School District|
|Bachelor's||Siena Heights University|
|Place of birth||Lansing|
|Profession||Lansing Fire Chief|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Cochran served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health Policy|
|• Insurance, Minority Vice Chair|
|• Transportation and Infrastructure|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cochran served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation and Infrastructure|
Cochran's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Voice your opinion
- Excerpt: "I care about the issues facing Mid-Michigan, and more importantly I care to hear your opinion."
- Excerpt: "Public safety is about caring for citizens within a community and keeping them safe. This is the primary objective and goal for police, emergency medical services (EMS) and firefighters."
Senior & Middle Class Taxes
- Excerpt: "I seek to change the Michigan tax code imposed by our current Republican-led Legislature, which negatively impacts seniors and the hard-working middle class citizens of Michigan."
Elder Care and Rights
- Excerpt: "An estimated 90,000 older and vulnerable adults are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation each year. It’s an alarming number that needs to be and can be reduced with the right amount of education and awareness."
- Excerpt: "Job creation and strengthening Michigan’s economy should be the legislature's top priorities. I believe that by taking advantage of our highly skill workforce and by fostering opportunities in renewable energy, high tech new manufacturing while encouraging small business entrepreneurs we can get people back to work."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Tom Cochran was unopposed in the Democratic primary. John Hayhoe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Cochran defeated Hayhoe in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 67 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Tom Cochran Incumbent||54.3%||16,976|
Cochran won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 67. He defeated Walt Sorg and Jerry Ketchum in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Jeff Oesterle (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 67 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Cochran is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cochran raised a total of $269,178 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|Tom Cochran's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 67||$269,178|
|Grand Total Raised||$269,178|
2012Cochran won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cochran raised a total of $269,178.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tom Cochran's campaign in 2012|
|Michigan House Democratic Fund||$145,882|
|Michigan Education Association||$5,000|
|Michigan Professional Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|Planned Parenthood Affiliates Of Michigan||$5,000|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$269,178|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Cochran and his wife, Kathy, have three sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Cochran + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Michigan state legislative districts
- "votetomcochran," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Cochran, Tom," accessed June 11, 2013
- Votetomcochran.com, "About Tom," accessed August 6, 2012
Barbara Byrum (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 67
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |