|Thomas E. Cullerton|
|Illinois State Senate District 23|
|Member, City Council, Villa Park|
|2005 - Present|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1990-1993|
|Profession||Village President, Villa Park|
Cullerton currently serves as President of the Village of Villa Park, a position he was elected to in April 2009. He previously served as a Village Trustee from 2005-2009.
Tom Cullerton's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt: "Tom Cullerton believes that we can promote job creation by educating our workforce on how to adapt to new markets such as “green” technology and ensuring that tax credits are be based on FTE growth. He is against curtailing the collective bargaining rights of public employees. He supports raising the minimum wage to establish a living wage for Illinois workers."
- The Budget
- Excerpt: "As a senator, his goal would be to have the tax increase to expire; Cullerton also believes that voters be informed and ultimately have full say in regards to any tax changes. Cullerton is for a reduction of costs in all departments that is reasonable while still offering budgetary relief."
- Excerpt: "Tom Cullerton wants to have discussions on how to get lower performing schools to higher levels of achievement. He knows the importance of not increasing burdens on families when funding education; he does not support increasing income taxes in order to increase state education funding."
- Excerpt: "He believes that the state should make sure we fund our pensions every year. Cullerton supports raising Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) to at least equal the poverty level. He supports medically accurate and age-appropriate sex education."
- Womens' Rights
- Excerpt: "Tom Cullerton is pro-choice. He supports repealing the Illinois Abortion Law of 1975 and replacing it with a law that states decisions about reproductive matters should be made privately, between a woman and her doctor, without governmental interference."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Cullerton won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 23. Cullerton defeated Kevin Allen and Greg Brownfield in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated incumbent Carole Pankau (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois State Senate, District 23 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Thomas E. Cullerton||40.8%||3,130|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Cullerton has been a resident of Villa Park since moving there from Chicago in July 2002. He and his wife Stacey have three sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Cullerton + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Senate campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Villa Park Village President Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Biography on the Village of Villa Park website
- Tom Cullerton for Senate, "About Tom," accessed January 3, 2012
- Tom Cullerton, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012