Revision as of 21:16, 15 February 2014 by Alex Murray
Nebraska State Senate, District 26
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
|Nebraska State Senate, District 26 General election (2010)|
Dierks's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I would propose targeted sales taxes as a means of easing the burden on the property tax base."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Immigrants must enter the country through our legal process. Americans understand that immigrants want to improve their lives, but the law must be followed. Taxes must be paid, and economic strength means retaining jobs for citizens."
- Excerpt: "Although every person should have access to health care, it should not be provided for by the government. Our health care system is financially burdensome and reforms are necessary to make coverage more accessible. However government-run and government-financed health care is the wrong answer. Medical decisions must remain a private matter between patient and provider."
- Excerpt: "I've had friends go to China, Russia, and Guatemala to adopt children due to the scarcity of adoption opportunities here. It seems quite obvious that we should be strongly promoting adoption over abortion."
- Tom Dierks' official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of 2010 candidates for Nebraska Legislature
- May 11, 2010 primary election results