Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 5|
“This (run) was a last-minute decision after Rodney dropped out in the middle of his term,” Gibbs said. “But I’m running for the same reasons as last time. It’s time we have someone besides a lifetime politician representing us.”
He was defeated in the open primary on October 19, 2013.
Gibbs ran for the U.S. House representing the 5th Congressional District of Louisiana. The election was held to replace Rodney Alexander, who announced his resignation in order to take a position as the next Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs at the end of September 2013. He was defeated in the open primary on October 19, 2013.
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 5 Special Election Open Primary, 2013|
|Republican||Phillip "Blake" Weatherly||0.5%||517|
|Libertarian||Henry Herford, Jr.||0.9%||886|
|Source: Official results via Louisiana Secretary of State|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom+ Gibbs+ Louisiana+ Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- KATC, "14 candidates in 5th District congressional race," accessed August 22, 2013
- The News Star, "Candidate Gibbs: Beholding to nobody but voters," accessed October 7, 2013
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "U. S. Representative -- 5th Congressional District," accessed October 19, 2013
- Nola.com, "Rodney Alexander to join Jindal administration, departure from Congress will trigger special election," accessed August 8, 2013