|Missouri House of Representatives, District 62|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Hurst's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Life begins at conception. Period."
- Excerpt: "I believe that government should help, not hurt, businesses and the people who operate those businesses."
- Excerpt: "With the demand for their production being at it's strongest, they need to be able to produce for all without interference from those who, although may be well intentioned, do not understand the bigger picture when it comes to agriculture."
- Excerpt: "I believe in traditional family values when it comes to marriage, religion, and the freedom to raise your children your own way. I believe in the marriage of a man to a woman. I strongly believe in the freedom OF religion, not FROM religion."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the right to protect your family and your assets. This also goes along with the ability to not live in fear of criminals having weapons but the legal system not allowing you to have one to protect you and your family from them."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hurst served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations - Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Downsizing State Government|
|• Economic Development|
|• Missouri Job Training Joint Legislative Oversight|
Hurst won election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 62. Hurst defeated Chris Brundick, Stephen Wieberg, Chris Mertz, Matthew Combs, Bruce Sassmann, and Eldon L. Kelley in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Greg Stratman (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Hurst + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
|Missouri House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |