|Illinois State Senate District 48|
|January 12, 2011 -2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1992 – 2002|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan (1970)|
|J.D.||DePaul University (1974)|
|Date of birth||April 30, 1945|
|Place of birth||Oakland, California|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson did not run for re-election in 2012.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Criminal Law Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Judiciary Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Labor Committee, Illinois State Senate
- State Government & Veterans Affairs Committee, Illinois State Senate
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Johnson received a score of 85.71 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of B according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 17th highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tom + Johnson + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
Randy Hultgren (R)
|Illinois Senate District 48
| Succeeded by|
Andy Manar (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|