Revision as of 21:18, 6 March 2013 by Tking
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 51|
|High school||Leroy High School (1975)|
|J.D.||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|M.D.||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Place of birth||McLean County, Illinois|
Pliura's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "As I talk with people all across the new 51st District, I hear the same thing: Illinois is headed in the wrong direction and the career politicians of both parties are equally to blame."
- Pension Reform
- Excerpt: "A lot of folks want to blame the teachers, but the dirty little secret in Springfield is that career politicians are responsible for the disastrously underfunded state public pension system, and in particular, the Teachers Retirement System or TRS."
- Excerpt: "The State's single largest budgetary expense is the healthcare related Medicaid system. We have nearly tripled the number of patients eligible for Medicaid benefits over the past ten years. "
- Excerpt: "We are all aware of the harsh reality behind the unemployment rate, as well as the difficulties that small business owners endure in order to support their employees and survive."
- Excerpt: "Illinois is an agricultural state. We need less regulation of our Agricultural economy."
- Excerpt: "Concealed carry is any easy issue for me. I’ve been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association for more than 35 years."
- Clinton Landfill Lawsuit
- Excerpt: "After researching the issue, I decided to become involved. In my opinion, any proposal to intentionally bury hazardous chemicals, including PCBs, directly over the primary drinking water source for hundreds of thousands of people is fraught with potential problems."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
|Illinois State Senate, District 51 Republican Primary, 2012|