Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 10b|
Riggs's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt:"Tom will fight for common sense regulations that are fair, effective, and responsive to the needs of businesses and communities. He understands that fiscal responsibility will help get people back to work, in good jobs with decent pay, and the economy will correct itself."
- Excerpt:"Tom believes that everyone who works hard should be able to earn a living wage. Tom is a union member, and believes that collective bargaining is a right protected by the 1st amendment. He recognizes that workers may not get everything they ask for, but will stalwartly defend their right to ask."
- Excerpt:"Tom believes we need to make better use of our state tax dollars. Instead of paying $1.2 Billion a year to Wall Street to finance our infrastructure projects, Tom would set up a revolving infrastructure fund, paying interest back to ourselves, growing the fund, creating local jobs and strengthening our economy."
- Excerpt:"He will work to grow our economy and stabilize our tax base, so we can honor our constitutional commitment to fully fund our schools. Tom opposes Charter Schools, believing that we need to focus instead on improving our public schools and providing a quality education for every student."
- Excerpt:"Tom knows that a healthy environment is an important factor in our quality of life, and critical to our resource-based industries, tourism, and agricultural economy. He understands that our economy, government, and civil society can only thrive in an ecosystem that is supportive of human life."
Riggs ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 10b. Riggs ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by Dave Hayes (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 10b, General Election, 2012|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 10b Primary (2010)|
|Barbara Bailey (R)||23,153||60.88%|
|Tom Riggs (D)||14,880||39.12%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom + Riggs + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |