Difference between revisions of "Tom Rust"
m (Text replace - 'Virginia Association of Realtors' to 'Virginia Association of Realtors')
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Revision as of 14:22, 9 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 86|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Delegate Rust discussing his projects
On his official site Rust lists four major issues:
- Creating Good Paying Jobs - "Tom will continue to work to keep taxes low because Tom understands raising taxes on the middle class right now will only hurt our economy even more."
- Improving Public Education - "Tom remains committed to our public school system - fighting to raise teacher pay and increase K-12 funding." He "is leading the fight to make in-state universities affordable and accessible for Virginia students."
- Fixing Transportation - "Tom will continue to work to secure transportation dollars for projects like rail to Dulles that are vital to attracting and keeping employers in our community."
- Protecting the Environment - "Promoting alternative energy not only improves the environment, it also can create good paying jobs right here in Virginia."
- Science and Technology (Vice Chair)
- Higher Education and Arts Subcommittee (Chair)
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #4 (Chair)
- Subcommittee #2
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- HB 2021 Driving without license; motor vehicle impounded if previously convicted of certain offenses.
- HB 2022 Technology Services, Council on; eliminates Council.
- HB 2023 Virginia Information Technologies Agency; to delegate powers & responsibilities.
Rust is running for re-election to the District 86 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Rust was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 86 (2009)|
|Tom Rust (R)||8,256|
The top 5 donors to Rust's 2009 campaign:
|Dominion Leadership Trust||$164,200|
|Friends of S. Chris Jones||$25,000|
|B. Mark Fried||$21,000|
|Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association||$18,500|
|Northern Virginia Association of Realtors||$17,645|
- Delegate Tom Rust official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Tom Rust
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 86
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |