|U.S. House, Texas, District 33|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University, 1979|
|J.D.||Chicago Kent College of Law|
|Service/branch||US Marine Corps|
Sanchez served in the US Marine Corps as a field radio operator from 1973 to 1976. He then earned a degree in electrical engineering form Southern Illinois University in 1979. He began working in the private sector as an engineer in 1981. During this time he earned a Juris Doctorate from Chicago Kent College of Law. In 2001, Sanchez joined Research In Motion (Blackberry).
Sanchez's campaign website lists the following issues:
- A Strong Economy
- Excerpt: "Tom knows how important good jobs and a strong economy are to the hard-working families in Texas’ 33rd Congressional District. We need to create good paying jobs and boost the economy, but we also need to invest in our workforce. Having spent most of his career as an R&D Engineer and in the mobile technology industry, Tom knows we must invest in training workers for a new economy."
- Affordable Health Care
- Excerpt: "Tom believes quality, affordable health care should be available to everyone. With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in 2014, everyone will be eligible for health care coverage. However, there is still work to be done in Congress."
- Immigration Reform Now
- Excerpt: "It is time for comprehensive immigration reform. No more waiting, and no more excuses. Tom is committed to working to get the DREAM ACT passed, and serving as a champion for comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship."
- Supporting Our Veterans
- Excerpt: "As a U.S. Marine veteran, Tom knows how important it is to support the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our country. He also understands what it is like to be a military veteran."
Sanchez is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 33rd District. Sanchez is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on March 4, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|Tom Sanchez (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$200,000||$(20,437)||$179,562|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Sanchez + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 33rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 33rd Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About Tom," accessed January 28, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tom Sanchez Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |