|Governor of Colorado|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||Colorado gubernatorial election, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|U.S. House, Colorado, District 6|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Colorado|
Tancredo opted to not seek re-election to U.S. House in 2008 but came out of political retirement to mount a third party campaign for the Governor of Colorado in 2010, ultimately losing current Democratic incumbent Gov. John Hickenlooper in the November general election.
In the 2010 gubernatorial election, Tancredo decided to run as a Constitution Party candidate after allegations against both of the Republican candidates weakened the GOP's position in the race. His bid led to rifts and even open feuding with former Republican allies who accused him of potentially splitting the vote. After losing the gubernatorial race, Tancredo returned to his old party, re-registering as a Republican.
While in Congress, Tancredo was known for firebrand rhetoric and strong positions on U.S. Immigration policy.
- University of Northern Colorado (B.A.)
- See also: Colorado gubernatorial election, 2014
Incumbent Gov. John Hickenlooper (D), who defeated Tancredo to win the governorship in 2010, is running for re-election in 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Tancredo + Colorado + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans ... - Huffington Post
- Poll surprises Republican Tom Tancredo, who had predicted a bump for Gov ... - Denver Post (blog)
- Tom Tancredo: He won't back down until amnesty is off the table - Denver Post (blog)
- Tom Tancredo and most (but not all) Republican gubernatorial candidates to ... - Westword (blog)
- Tom Tancredo pledges to be 'civil' to his GOP primary opponents - Daily Caller
- Scott Gessler releases endorsements list in 2014 Republican race for governor - Denver Post (blog)
- In Colorado, Same As It Ever Was - Washington Monthly
- Hickenlooper, Udall Hold Small Leads in Colo. - RealClearPolitics
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union Targeting Marijuana - Huffington Post
- PPP Poll: Tancredo, Buck ahead of GOP primary rivals - kdvr.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Tom Tancredo on Facebook
- Tom Tancredo on Twitter
- Tom Tancredo on YouTube
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |