|U.S. House, Alabama, District 6|
|High school||Briarwood Christian High School, 1979|
|Bachelor's||Liberty Baptist College|
|Date of birth||August 7, 1961|
Vigneulle majored in business administration and minored in TVR (broadcasting) at Liberty Baptist College (now Liberty University). He then worked in research and development in satellite communications. Vigneulle and his wife have managed a farm since 1999.
Vigneulle's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "We are the power behind the federal government and we have to hold our elected officials accountable for paying our debts in a timely fashion and for living within our means. The federal government can tax us at 100% and still not live within its means. You and I could not live that way, so let’s stop our government from living this way!"
- Excerpt: "We want a balanced budget. We believe in the power and opportunity of America’s free-market economy. We believe in the importance of limiting business regulations in order to promote confidence in our economy among consumers, entrepreneurs and businesses, while opposing interventionist policies that put the federal government in control of industry and allow it to pick winners and losers in the marketplace."
- Excerpt: "We believe empowered, tax-paying parents are best equipped to send their children to the school of their choice, and that their tax dollars must follow their child. We believe that a world-class system of primary and secondary education, with high standards in which all students can reach their potential, is critically important to America’s future."
- Excerpt: "We support common-sense reforms that will lower costs, ensure quality health care that Americans deserve and end lawsuit abuse. We oppose government-run health care. We want to protect the physician-patient relationship, promote competition, and promote health care quality and choice."
- Excerpt: "Republicans believe a judge’s role is to interpret the law, not make law from the bench. Judges in our federal court system, from district courts to the Supreme Court, should demonstrate fidelity to the U.S. Constitution. We trust the judicial system to base rulings on the Constitution, and nothing else."
|U.S. House, Alabama District 6 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State|
|Tom Vigneulle (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2014||$0||$46,337||$(34,172)||$12,164|
|Pre-Primary||May 19, 2014||$12,164||$13,990||$(19,347)||$6,806|
Vigneulle and his wife, Ginger, have three children. They are members of the Church at Brookhills.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tom + Vigneulle + Alabama + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District
- Abc3340, "List of qualifying candidates for major and local Alabama offices," February 7, 2014
- Politico, "2014 Alabama House Primaries Results," June 3, 2014
- Campaign website, "Bio," accessed February 11, 2014
- Campaign website, "Why Tom is for you," accessed February 11, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tom Vigneulle April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Tom Vigneulle Pre-Primary," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|