Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Pennsylvania|
|Bachelor's||Dartmouth College (1972)|
|Master's||University of London (1978)|
|Ph.D.||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1981)|
A businessman, Wolf serves as CEO and chairman of the Wolf Organization, a distributor of kitchen and bath cabinetry and supplier of building materials. Wolf has spent two years in India with the Peace Corps, worked at a hardware store, and was a truck driver. He served as state revenue secretary under Gov. Ed Rendell from February 2007 through November 2008.
- Bachelor's degree, Dartmouth College, 1972
- Master's degree, University of London, 1978
- PhD, political science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1981
- See also: State executive official elections, 2014
Wolf is running for election to the office of Governor of Pennsylvania. Wolf is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary election, which will be held in May 2014. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
In December 2013, in response to Governor Tom Corbett's opposition to a state minimum wage increase, Wolf responded with his support for the wage increase and criticized Corbett's position. "I believe we need to raise the minimum wage to help Pennsylvania’s workers and strengthen the economy,” Wolf said in a written statement. "It is clear that Tom Corbett does not have a real plan to get our economy back on track."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tom Wolf" + Governor + Pennsylvania
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- A Democratic free-for-all for Pennsylvania governor - Politico (blog)
- Tom Wolf, candidate: Nerdy, practical and eager to see Pa. shine - York Dispatch
- Pa. Dem gov hopeful Wolf says he's raised $2.9M - abc27 WHTM - abc27
- A different PA Society approach - Philly.com (blog)
- Tom Wolf Releases Charter School Plan - PoliticsPA
- PA Gov Race Gets Unofficial Kickoff - KYW Newsradio
- Pa. Dem gov hopeful, York resident Wolf says he's raised $2.9M - York Dispatch
- Pennsylvania politicians go schmoozing in Big Apple - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Politics as Usual - Allentown Morning Call
- York businessman Wolf unconventional candidate for governor - abc27
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |