Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Pennsylvania|
|Bachelor's||Dartmouth College (1972)|
|Master's||University of London (1978)|
|Ph.D.||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1981)|
A businessman, Wolf serves as CEO and chairman of the Wolf Organization, a distributor of kitchen and bath cabinetry and supplier of building materials. Wolf has spent two years in India with the Peace Corps, worked at a hardware store, and was a truck driver. He served as state revenue secretary under Gov. Ed Rendell from February 2007 through November 2008.
- Bachelor's degree, Dartmouth College, 1972
- Master's degree, University of London, 1978
- PhD, political science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1981
Wolf's doctoral dissertation is titled Congressional Sea Change: Conflict and Organizational Accommodation in the House of Representatives 1878-1921. It focuses on the dynamics of change in Congress during that period of time.
Wolf has stated, "We have a tradition in this country to take institutions back, to reassert control. ... I learned in my dissertation that change actually happens."
- See also: State executive official elections, 2014
Wolf is running for election to the office of Governor of Pennsylvania. Wolf won the Democratic nomination in the primary election, which was held in May 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Wolf defeated three opponents to win the primary.
|Governor of Pennsylvania, Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Pennsylvania Department of State Official Election Results.|
In December 2013, in response to Governor Tom Corbett's opposition to a state minimum wage increase, Wolf responded with his support for the wage increase and criticized Corbett's position. "I believe we need to raise the minimum wage to help Pennsylvania’s workers and strengthen the economy,” Wolf said in a written statement. "It is clear that Tom Corbett does not have a real plan to get our economy back on track."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tom Wolf + Governor + Pennsylvania
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Associated Press, "AP: Ex-revenue chief Tom Wolf running for Pa. gov," April 2, 2013
- Philly.com, Does Tom Wolf have the right stuff? August 27, 2013
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette, "York's Wolf spending own fortune in his bid for governor," January 2, 2014
- WatchDog.org, "Corbett: No plans to raise minimum wage in PA," accessed December 24, 2013
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |