Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 55|
|High school||Patrick Henry High School|
|Bachelor's||Mary Washington College|
Raised in Ashland, VA, Radler graduated from Patrick Henry High School and Mary Washington College. She worked as a reporter for several local media outlets before working in public relations and marketing for several Virginia state government organizations, a private company, and the Christian Children's Fund.
Radler’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Excerpt: "I am thankful that the Assembly finally passed a transportation bill (HB2313), the first in 27 years. John Cox and his legislative aide, Buddy Fowler, did not support this bill. The bill wasn't perfect: it undermined the "user pay" principle and failed to reform VDOT spending. ...the only transportation bill introduced by trucking magnate John Cox and his legislative aide, my opponent, was a trucker's right to drive in the fast lane."
- Women's reproductive rights
Excerpt: "A transvaginal ultrasound bill (HB462) in the 2012 General Assembly drew national attention as it was mocked on Saturday Night Live and The Daily Show. The controversial bill made Virginia the laughing stock of the nation. John Cox and once again, his legislative aide and my opponent, Buddy Fowler, supported that bill which failed only after Virginians rallied en masse to oppose it."
Excerpt: "Virginia has a great public education system, but we must do better. I want to push for quality instruction and curriculum, adequate funding, and excellent working conditions for Virginia's teachers and school support professionals. Because of continued reduction in state funding for colleges, parents now face incredible challenges in paying for their children's college education."
- Simple justice-long overdue
Excerpt: "I support the Equal Rights Amendment. It's time for women to be assured that they will be paid the same as their male counterparts in the workplace; that they will be treated equally in hiring and promotion, and that their accomplishments and abilities, not their gender, will be recognized. I also support an anti-discrimination job hiring directive that my opponent and his boss John Cox helped overturn."
Toni Radler thanks visitors to her website and contributors
In 2013, Radler’s endorsements included the following:
Radler has been involved with the Board of Directors for Hanover Habitat for Humanity, the Rural Plains Women’s Club, Dining for Women, the Hanover Branch NAACP, and the Old Dominion Appalachian Trail Club. She served as the President of the Fairboden Civic Association.
- The Herald-Progress, "Three vying for 55th District House of Delegates seat," July 18, 2013
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Hanover has race for House of Delegates seat," June 1, 2013
- The Herald-Progress, "Radler announces candidacy in race for the 55th district," May 20, 2013
- The Free Lance-Star, "Democrat announces for 55th House seat," May 20, 2013
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Toni + Radler + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Candidate Twitter feed
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Vote VA profile
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- Toni Radler for Delegate, "The Short Bio," accessed September 5, 2013
- Toni Radler for Delegate, "Issues and Solutions," accessed September 5, 2013
- The Farm Team, "The Farm Team Endorses Toni Radler In House District 55," June 18, 2013
- LGBT Democrats of Virginia, "LGBT Democrats of Virginia PAC backing 30 for House of Delegates," July 9, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Toni Radler - Biography," accessed September 5, 2013
- Toni Radler for Delegate, "About Me," accessed September 5, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |