For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 11|
|2007 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 7, 2006|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|J.D.||Hamline University School of Law|
|Date of birth||August 15, 1967|
|Place of birth||Pine County, Minnesota|
|Profession||Farmer/Owner, Askov American Newspaper|
Lourey served as a Township Supervisor for the Town of Kerrick.
Lourey earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota, and his J.D. from the William Mitchell College of Law after attending the Hamline University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as a business owner, newspaper owner, public policy consultant and farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lourey served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health, Human Services and Housing|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lourey served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Local Government and Elections|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lourey served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture and Veterans|
|• Health, Housing and Family Security|
|• State and Local Government Operations and Oversight, Vice-chair|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Lourey won election for the 11th District Senate seat in 2012 due to redistricting. He ran unopposed in the August 14 primary and defeated Bill Saumer (R) in the general election was November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tony Lourey Incumbent||64.3%||24,342|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 8 (2010)|
|Tony Lourey (DFL)||16715||54.91%|
|Michael Cummins (R)||13681||44.94%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 8 (2006)|
|Tony Lourey (DFL)||18,087||57.49%|
|Dan Stevens (R)||13,307||42.30%|
Comprehensive donor information for Lourey is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Lourey raised a total of $165,354 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Tony Lourey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota Senate, District 11||$32,810|
|2010||Minnesota Senate, District 8||$46,150|
|2008||Minnesota Senate, District 8||$23,567|
|2006||Minnesota Senate, District 8||$62,827|
|Grand Total Raised||$165,354|
2012Lourey won re-election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Lourey raised a total of $32,810.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tony Lourey's campaign in 2012|
|Kanabec County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,500|
|Lourey, Anthony L.||$1,000|
|Pine County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (HD 11B)||$700|
|11th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party New||$575|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,810|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Lourey received $46,150 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tony Lourey's campaign in 2010|
|Lourey, Anthony L||$5,000|
|Kanabec County Democratic-Farmer-Labor||$1,150|
|8th Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$1,000|
|Carlton County Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$46,150|
In 2006, Lourey collected $62,827 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Pine County DFL||$1,500|
|John Westmoreland Senate District 8 Committee||$1,031|
|8th Congressional District DFL||$800|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Lourey and his wife, Marlana, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tony + Lourey + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker profile
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library, Lourey's member record. Retrieved July 1, 2013
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed May 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Lourey, Tony," accessed December 20, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Tony Lourey
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Bill Ingebrigtsen (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Bill Ingebrigtsen (R)