Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 11|
Sevilla's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "Should be our guide in making decisions for the welfare of our community and government."
- "Voters within a school district should have the right to vote on whether or not to allow prayer in their public schools."
- "Public schools should have less emphasis on testing and more of a focus on education and discipline."
- "We must get back to the basics of reading, writing, and math. Standardized testing should be used for collecting information and not for determining which schools or teachers should be rewarded or punished."
- "Public school employees should have the same healthcare benefits as state employees."
- "Members on the State Board of Education should be required to have at least 20 years of teaching experience."
- "Tony is not against people wanting to work, pay taxes, learn English, and go through the legal process to be Americans, but he cannot support foreigners who come into our country to take advantage of our programs and disrespect our values."
|Texas House of Representatives District 11 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Chuck Hopson (advanced to runoff) Incumbent||47.1%||9,253|
|Travis Clardy (advanced to runoff)||46.3%||9,093|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tony + Sevilla + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |