|Texas House of Representatives, District 94|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
Tinderholt's professional experience includes working as professor of Spanish at Columbia College in Fort Worth and Vice President of Education at Ancora Education. He served in the United States Air Force.
Tinderholt's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Budget and the Economy.
- Excerpt: "Thanks to a low-tax environment and hardworking citizens, Texas is number one in the nation for job creation. Our economic climate means over a thousand people come to this state each and every day looking for the jobs and opportunity our state provides. Despite our prosperity, our Legislature has decided to spend much like Sacramento or Detroit, using accounting gimmicks, ignoring priorities, and exploding the budget by over 26% in the 83rd Representative, I will demand truth in budgeting, transparency, and fight for the balanced budget our Texas Constitution demands."
- Excerpt: "In the Legislature, I want to seize the opportunity Texas has to lead the way in preparing young people for their future, be it higher education or a rewarding career. To do that, we must continue to fight the “one size fits all” approach of the past, and enable students and parents to find a school that can challenge them to succeed."
Securing Our Border.
- Excerpt: "This issue is not just a question of illegal immigration, but one of national security, and protecting the dignity of human life. Every day innocent men, women, and children are caught up in people smuggling, as well as sex and drug trafficking operations across our border with Mexico. The Federal Government purposely turns a blind eye to this unacceptable situation. As your State Representative, it will be my Constitutional duty to protect all Texans, by arming our state agencies and border patrol with the technology and manpower required to protect innocent lives."
Sanctity of Life.
- Excerpt: "As a God-fearing conservative, there is no duty more important than protecting innocent life. I was proud to support the pro-life measures our Legislature took this Session. District 94 needs a pro-life Representative ready to lead on this issue, unapologetic and ready to fight the forces we saw make a mockery of democracy last summer. I want to take the respect for human life that you and I share to Austin, and ensure that tax payer funded and late-term abortions remain in the past in Texas."
Second Amendment Rights.
- Excerpt: "Our State Representative should fight alongside fellow conservatives in resisting Federal meddling with our Constitution. Additionally as an elected official, I will never vote to grant politicians special privileges and protections that we are unwilling to afford to each and every Texas citizen."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Tony Tinderholt defeated incumbent Diane Patrick in the Republican primary. Cole Ballweg was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tinderholt defeated Ballweg and Robert Harris (L) in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 94 General Election, 2014|
Tinderholt and his wife, Bethany, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tony + Tinderholt + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Tony Tinderholt on Facebook
- Tony Tinderholt on Twitter
- Profile from Lone Star Tea Party
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- "Tony Tinderholt," Official Campaign Website, accessed February 12, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |