For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 110|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Palco High School|
|Bachelor's||Fort Hays State University|
|Place of birth||Hays, Kansas|
Couture-Lovelady's professional experience includes working on a family farm that his grandparents own.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Couture-Lovelady served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Rules and Journal|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Couture-Lovelady's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Pro Gun Rights
- Excerpt:"He is a firm believer that the Second Amendment is an individual right and will fight any encroachment on that right."
- Excerpt:"Travis is Pro-Life and believes that government should encourage the creation of families and not their destruction. "
- Excerpt:"Kansas needs to meet its statutorily required 7.5% ending balance and end the practice of issuing certificates of indebtedness."
Transportation: A Vital Link for Our Economy
- Excerpt:"Whether it's agricultural products, construction materials, or products from our factories, access to modern maintained highways is vital to keeping our goods moving and our residents employed."
Reduce the Tax Burden: Create Opportunity
- Excerpt:"Our tax burden has made Kansas uncompetitive, driving businesses and Kansas families elsewhere to find economic opportunity."
Couture-Lovelady won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 110. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Philip H. Martin (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 110, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Couture-Lovelady is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Couture-Lovelady raised a total of $43,544 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 24, 2013.
|Travis Couture-Lovelady's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 110||$43,544|
|Grand Total Raised||$43,544|
2012Couture-Lovelady won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Couture-Lovelady raised a total of $43,544.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Travis Couture-Lovelady's campaign in 2012|
|Couture, Lee & Edie||$1,000|
|Lovelady, Greg & Kathy||$1,000|
|Lovelady, Mark & Darla||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$43,544|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Travis Couture-Lovelady received a score of 64.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Travis + Couture-Lovelady + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Couture-Lovelady's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Travis Couture-Lovelady on Facebook
- Travis Couture-Lovelady on Twitter
- Travis Couture-Lovelady on YouTube
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "travisforkansas," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Couture-Lovelady, Travis," Accessed June 24, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Dan Collins (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 110
| Succeeded by|