|Wisconsin State Assembly District 49|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Loras College, 2007|
|Date of birth||11/12/1985|
|Place of birth||Dubuque, IA|
Tranel owned and operated his own dairy farm, Tranel Farms USA, Inc, before assuming office. He is a graduate of Loras College with degrees in Economics and Finance. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Tranel has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 49 General Election (2010)|
|Travis Tranel (R)||10,384|
|Phil Garthwaite (D)||7,844|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 49 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Travis Tranel (R)||3,024||54.53%|
|Dave Kuhle (R)||2,519||45.42%|
Tranel lists his positions on the following issues on his website:
- Jobs -Supports attracting new business, lower spending and taxes for job creators.
- Economy - He says the people are the area's greatest asset.
- Taxes - Wants to lower taxes so people can keep more of what they earn.
- Roads & Transportation - Believes the proposed rail project will become a drain on transportation resources.
- Farming & Agriculture - Supports maintaining and strengthening the "strong rural farming and agricultural economy."
- Health care - Supports "tax deductible personal health care savings accounts and health and fitness education."
- Values - Believes in the "value of life and the sanctity of marriage."
- Education - Believes that Platteville and Southwest Technical Colleges are important parts of southwestern Wisconsin's economy."
In 2010, when Tranel first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $93,471 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Wisconsin Institute of CPAs||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Tranel is married and has two children.
- Travis Tranel on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Tranel on Facebook
- Tranel on YouTube
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |