|Wisconsin State Assembly District 49|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Loras College, 2007|
|Place of birth||Dubuque, IA|
Tranel owned and operated his own dairy farm, Tranel Farms USA, Inc, before assuming office. He is a graduate of Loras College with degrees in Economics and Finance. 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Tranel has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Tranel is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 49. Tranel defeated Dave Kuhle in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Carol Beals ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 49 General Election (2010)|
|Travis Tranel (R)||10,384|
|Phil Garthwaite (D)||7,844|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 49 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Travis Tranel (R)||3,024||54.53%|
|Dave Kuhle (R)||2,519||45.42%|
Tranel lists his positions on the following issues on his website:
- Jobs -Supports attracting new business, lower spending and taxes for job creators.
- Economy - He says the people are the area's greatest asset.
- Taxes - Wants to lower taxes so people can keep more of what they earn.
- Roads & Transportation - Believes the proposed rail project will become a drain on transportation resources.
- Farming & Agriculture - Supports maintaining and strengthening the "strong rural farming and agricultural economy."
- Health care - Supports "tax deductible personal health care savings accounts and health and fitness education."
- Values - Believes in the "value of life and the sanctity of marriage."
- Education - Believes that Platteville and Southwest Technical Colleges are important parts of southwestern Wisconsin's economy."
In 2010, when Tranel first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $93,471 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Wisconsin Institute of CPAs||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Tranel is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Travis + Tranel + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Travis Tranel on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Tranel on Facebook
- Tranel on YouTube
- Tranel campaign website biography
- Associated Press Primary Election Results, "Wisconsin State Assembly Primary Results 2012," August 14, 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Tranel's campaign website - Issues
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Travis Tranel candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |