|Louisiana State Senate District 2|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November 19, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Assumption High School|
Brown is CEO and owner of Home-Care PCA, LLC, a home health care company. He graduated from Assumption High School and earned a BS from Southern University in New Orleans.
He ran unsuccessfully for the Louisiana House of Representatives in 2007.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
- Environmental Quality Committee, Louisiana State Senate, Vice Chairman
- Insurance Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Transportation, Highways & Public Works Committee, Louisiana State Senate
Brown lists seven issues on his campaign website.
- Promote parishes to bring in new businesses and jobs
- Better healthcare for the elderly, children and disabled
- Fair and adequate financial resources for schools
- Better pay and assistance with benefits for firefighters, police officers and EMTs
- New road projects to promote economic growth and provide more evacuation routes
- Use corporate incentives to require employee training and hiring of local citizens for jobs
- Better flood protection and coastal restoration
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
Brown won the 2011 election for Louisiana Senate District 2. He faced Elton Aubert (D), Michael Bell (D), Alfred Carter (R), George Grace Jr. (D) and Zaine Kasem (R) in the primary election on October 22, 2011. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary. However, since no candidate reached this threshold, then a general election took place on November 19, 2011 between the top-two vote getters, which in this case were Aubert and Brown. Brown defeated Aubert in the general election.
|Louisiana State Senate District 2 General Election, 2011|
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 58 (2007)|
|Elton Aubert (D)||7,046|
|Troy Brown (D)||6,221|
In 2011, Brown received $252,751 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Troy Brown's campaign in 2011|
|Brown, Troy E||$198,275|
|Home Care PCA LLC||$25,000|
|Armbruster, James W||$2,500|
|Giardina Jr, John W||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$252,751|
|Total Votes received in 2011||12,863|
|Cost of each vote received||$19.65|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Troy + Brown + Louisiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- AP Sportlight - Fort Worth Star Telegram
- From the Creaux's Nest - TheRecordLive.com
- Politics and government - LA Observed
- Movers & Shakers - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Obama Must Resign by Black Friday - Daily Beast
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Brown is married to Toni. They have two children.
- ↑ Troy Brown for Senate "The Issues," September 2011
- ↑ Louisiana Secretary of State "Official Election Results," October 22, 2011
- ↑ Louisiana Secretary of State, "Official election results for November 19, 2011," accessed December 6, 2011
- ↑ Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
|Louisiana State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|