For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House Of Representatives District 75|
|2004 - November 16, 2012|
|Per diem||$133/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Florida International University (1981)|
|Date of birth||October 22, 1953|
|Place of birth||Ottawa, Canada|
Williams currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of TKW Consulting Engineers Incorporated, and previously worked as an Engineer with Howell Davis and Associates Incorporated.
She is a Trustee and founding member of Babcock Preservation Partnership Incorporated, Board Member with the Small Business, Agriculture and Labor Advisory Council of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, and Director/Founding Shareholder of Florida Gulf Bank.
Williams did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Williams's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 163 - "Illegal Aliens in the Correctional System: Requires DOC & Parole Commission to establish agreements to implement federal deportation program for certain state inmates; requires DOC to identify during reception inmates eligible for deportation"
- HB 1413 - "Regulation of Professions: Requires DBPR to increase renewal period for licenses from biennially to quadrennially; authorizes board or DBPR to require completion of certain continuing education requirements by inactive licensees seeking to regain active status"
- HB 7143 - "Regulatory Reform: Creates, amends, & revises numerous provisions including provisions relating to construction, operating, & building permits; coastal construction permit applications; permitting of certain activities; Florida-friendly landscaping; mining; home inspection; Florida Building Code; State Fire Marshal; & elevators."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Williams served on these committees:
- Select Committee on Water Policy, Chair
- State Affairs
- Subcommittee on Appropriations, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Williams served on these committees:
- Agriculture & Natural Resources Policy Committee (Chair)
- General Government Policy Council
- Health Care Services Policy Committee
- Natural Resources Appropriations Committee
- Select Policy Council on Strategic and Economic Planning
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2012
Williams ran for re-election to the 75th District seat in 2010. She did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Williams defeated Stephen Cosgrove (NPA) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 75 |
2010 General election results
|Trudi Williams (R)||40,822||70.76%|
|Stephen D. Cosgrove (NPA)||16,867||29.24%|
On November 4, 2008, Williams won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 75th District, defeating Thomas Bosway (write-in). Williams received 63,022 votes in the election while Bosway received 186 votes. Williams raised $101,885 for her campaign.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 75|
|Trudi Williams (R)||63,022||99.7%|
|Thomas Bosway (write-in)||186||0.3%|
In 2010, Williams raised $113,726 in contributions. 
Her three largest contributors were:
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$3,500|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp||$2,500|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
Below are Williams's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|Southern Gardens Citrus||$1,500|
|FL Justice Reform Institute||$1,000|
|FL Power & Light||$1,000|
|FL Solar Energy Industry Assoc||$1,000|
- Trudi Williams' House site
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Trudi Williams
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Williams Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Williams Issue Positions
- Naples News "Rep. Trudi Williams to run for state Senate in 2012," February 11, 2011
- Florida Division of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed April 15, 2012
- Florida Division of Elections, Official Primary Results
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- Florida House official election results for 2008
- District 75 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
Ken Roberson (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |