|Wisconsin State Assembly District 32|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
August graduated from Big Foot High School and attended the University of Wisconsin - Madison and the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, August has been appointed to these committees:
- Consumer Protection Committee, Vice Chair
- Homeland Security and State Affairs Committee
- Insurance Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
August won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 32. August ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Kim Peterson (D) and David Stolow (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
August was elected to District 32. He is opposed by Democrat Doug Harrod and Independent Daniel Kilkenny in the November 2 general election.August defeated his opponents in the primary election: Adam Gibbs, John Finley, Dan Necci, Mel Nieuwenhuis, and Thomas Stelling. After a recount concluded September 25, 2010, August was declared the winner by 3 votes.. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 32 General Election (2010)|
|Tyler August (R)||10,868|
|Doug Harrod (D)||5,156|
|Daniel Kilkenny (I)||1,983|
|Rick Pappas (I)||648|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 32 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Tyler August (R)||1,760||23.97%|
|Adam Gibbs (R)||1,757||23.93 %|
|Mel Nieuwenhuis (R)||1,641||22.35%|
|Dan Necci (R)||1,312||17.87%|
|Thomas E. Stelling (R)||514||7%|
|John K. Finley (R)||354||4.82%|
In 2010, when August first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $32,269 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|1st District Republican Party of Wisconsin||$2,000|
|Republican Party of Walworth County||$1,500|
|Ryan for Congress||$500|
|Citizens for Kenzie||$500|
|Citizens for Lothian||$500|
|Wisconsin Realtors Association||$500|
|Tavern League of Wisconsin||$500|
|Graves for Sheriff||$500|
|Friends & Neighbors of Robin Vos||$500|
|Wisconsin Insurance Alliance||$500|
|Wisconsin Bankers Association||$500|
|9 individual donors||$500 each|
August is a member of the National Rifle Association. He is not married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Tyler + August + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tyler August on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- August on Facebook
- August on Twitter
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Janesville Gazette "August wins 32nd after recount", September 26, 2010
- Official GAB primary results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Tyler August candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||